Category: Internet

Pages: << 1 2 3

09/07/05

Permalink 23:04:47, by matt Email , 38 words   English (NZ)
Categories: Social commentary, Internet

Maybe there IS hope for the unwashed masses

"Eighteen per cent said they had switched the type of Web browser they use in order to avoid spyware." Oh thank goodness. That's 18% who have seen the light and moved away from Internet Exploiter. Now for the other 82%... more »

01/07/05

Permalink 20:56:16, by matt Email , 91 words   English (NZ)
Categories: Internet

Let's go anti-phishing

I like it. I like it a lot. I like it so much I might even try doing it. Credit card number generators can be found on the 'net, and the numbers they yield will pass any validation that's done by the phisher's website - the algorithms for checking tha… more »
Permalink 20:19:01, by matt Email , 78 words   English (NZ)
Categories: Social commentary, Telecommunications, Internet

And you thought Windows was secure?

12 minutes? Dang. Whereas I'd be quite happy to put my computer directly onto the 'net, with no firewall. Why? FreeBSD, baby. Only SSH listening, and good luck to the bastards trying to guess my password. Back in the good old days (pardon me while… more »

10/06/05

Permalink 19:41:01, by matt Email , 129 words   English (NZ)
Categories: Politics, Social commentary, Telecommunications, Internet

Europe has higher broadband up-take than the US

I dread to think where NZ is. Well, actually, sadly, I know exactly where NZ is. We're 24th! How cringe-worthy :-/ The country that once had the highest rate of 'net use in the world is now in the bottom fifth of the OECD for broadband connections.… more »

21/05/05

Permalink 09:38:45, by matt Email , 247 words   English (NZ)
Categories: Politics, Social commentary, Internet

School 'net filtering software casting too wide?

I guess it depends who you talk to. Groups like Destiny and United Future probably think it doesn't go far enough - and National and Act would probably like to see the filtering of left-wing sites as a matter of course - but if you're not a strictly con… more »

<< 1 2 3

December 2018
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
 << <   > >>
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            
Shocking as it may be, I think, and sometimes those thoughts are almost worthy of public contemplation. So, here are those some thoughts, with no guarantees as to their validity, worth, or utility to the cosmos. All thoughts are my own, representing only my thoughts, opinions and positions, unless explicitly otherwise stated. This blog is not an official or unofficial outlet for any company or government body, or for person other than myself.

Search

XML Feeds

free blog tool